Post Decree Judgment Enforcement in Schaumburg, IL

A divorce is finalized when the two divorcing parties decide on a settlement that is approved by a judge, or when a divorce that goes to trial is decided by a judge.  In both scenarios, both parties are expected to follow the terms of the settlement or divorce decree and if one party does not follow these terms, they could face legal action.  If your ex-spouse is not following the terms of the divorce settlement, or if you have been accused yourself of not following these terms, you should speak to a family law attorney right away.Stressed Couple After Divorce

At Allen Gabe Law, P.C., we provide representation for post decree judgment enforcement in Schaumburg, IL.  We will represent those who’s spouses are not following the settlement terms, as well as those who are accused of failing to follow the terms.  Our experienced family law attorneys will review your case and ensure that both ex-spouses are following the divorce decree.

Spouse Violating Divorce Decree

Divorce decrees spell out the terms of the divorce that both parties are supposed to follow.  These terms generally include arrangements for spousal maintenance, child support, parental responsibilities, and the division of property and assets.  If your ex-spouse is violating the divorce decree in one of the following ways, contact our family law attorneys:

  • Your ex is not paying the alimony they were ordered to pay.
  • Your ex is not making child support payments, including making partial payments, making late payments, or not making payments at all.
  • Your ex is not following the parental responsibilities agreement by not allowing you parenting time or by failing to follow through on their parenting time.
  • Your ex has not turned over property or assets as agreed upon in the decree or settlement.

Our attorneys will work diligently to get a post decree judgment enforcement to ensure your ex fulfills their responsibilities in the decree.  We will gather evidence and build a case to show their failure to live up to their court ordered responsibilities and ask the judge to hold your ex in contempt of court.  The judge can then enforce the decree and punish your ex in different ways, including jail time.

Wrongly Accused of Violating Divorce Decree

Our attorneys at Allen Gabe Law, P.C. also represent those who have been falsely accused of violating the terms of their divorce decree.  The consequences of violating these terms could be devastating as you may face jail time or even lose the ability to see your children.  Our divorce attorneys will help you build a case to prove that you have been following the terms of the divorce decree to avoid punishment or unfavorable changes to the decree.

Schedule Your Initial Consultation

If you have a spouse not living up to their responsibilities codified in your divorce decree, talk to our attorneys at Allen Gabe Law, P.C. about post decree judgment enforcement.  We can work with you to help get an enforcement for your ex-spouse and we also provide representation for those wrongly accused of violating their decrees.

You can call us at (847) 241-5000, Ext 121 for more information about post decree judgment enforcement in Schaumburg, IL.

Related Services and Resources:

High Asset Divorce
Mediation Attorneys
Post Decree Judgment Enforcement
Property Division
Tax Implications of Divorce
Uncontested Divorce
The Divorce Process