Complex Divorce Attorneys – Illinois
The divorce process can be messy and complicated for any divorcing couple. When a divorce occurs, there are many things that need to be sorted out including division of marital property, spousal maintenance, child support, and parental responsibility. The situations can be even more complex if one of the divorcing spouses has a large income or significant financial assets. It takes a skilled and experienced divorce lawyer to help resolve these issues in a complex divorce case.
Allen Gabe Law, P.C. has experienced family law attorneys who can help with complex divorce cases in Schaumburg, IL and Cook County. Our attorneys will work in your best interests to protect your rights and resolve complex financial issues to ensure that you and your family get the financial resources you deserve.
Common Issues with a Complex Divorce
Managing financial issues in a high asset divorce such as property division and spousal support requires a skillful approach. Our attorneys can help resolve the following issues in high complex divorce cases:
- Identification, valuation, and division of property: In any divorce, all property and assets need to be identified and valuated so it can be factored into the division of property. This can become complicated in high asset divorces in which a spouse has a high income, investments, and properties and other assets. Our attorneys will help ensure that all marital property is identified and included in the division. We can also help prevent your spouse from hiding assets.
- Business valuation: If a divorcing couple owns a business, they must determine ownership interest and decide whether to divide, assign, or liquidate business assets for the division of property. Our attorneys can help advise you on the best decisions to make in your interests regarding family-owned businesses.
- Retirement accounts: Retirement funds and pensions must be included in the division of financial assets. Our attorneys can help valuate retirement accounts and ensure fair division through a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO).
- Spousal support: The issue of spousal support can get complex in a high asset divorce. Spouses with high incomes need an attorney to help them identify and valuate all sources of income and the spouse who is not a high-income earner needs an attorney to ensure they get fair spousal support. Our attorneys can work with high-income earners to identify all sources of reoccurring income, income tax, standard of living during the marriage, and other matters related to spousal support. The length of the marriage can also affect the amount and duration of spousal support as long-term spousal support may be awarded after a long-term marriage.
- Child support: Child support obligations are determined by statutory guidelines as there is no law in Illinois with guidelines for high income earners. However, the courts can use their discretion to award a child support amount considered reasonable and necessary for the best interests of the children.
- Premarital agreements: Premarital agreements typically describe how to divide a couple’s assets and determine an amount and duration of spousal maintenance should a divorce occur. Our attorneys will assess premarital agreements to help enforce its terms or see if the agreement can be contested though litigation.
Call the Complex Divorce Lawyers at Allen Gabe Law, P.C.
Complex divorces involving a high-income earner include major decisions when it comes to division of assets and determining spousal maintenance and child support. The decisions involving these issues can have a major financial impact for both parties. This is why it is important to work with the experienced divorce attorneys of Allen Gabe Law, P.C.
Our attorneys at Allen Gabe Law, P.C. can help spouses on either side of a complex divorce. We will take the time to understand the financial situation and advocate for your best interests and the best interests of your children to secure a favorable outcome.
You can call Allen Gabe Law, P.C. at (847) 241-5000 for a consultation for your complex divorce case in Schaumburg, IL and Cook County.
Related Legal Services:
Family Lawyers Illinois
Divorce Lawyers Palatine, IL
Divorce Lawyers Hoffman Estates, IL
Divorce Lawyers Arlington Heights, IL
Divorce Lawyers Barrington, IL
Divorce Lawyers Bartlett, IL
Divorce Lawyers Barrington Hills, IL
High Asset Divorces in Illinois
Tips for Couples Over 50 Going Through Divorce
How to Plan for a Divorce