Divorce Law Attorney in Schaumburg IL
Going through a divorce is tough on everyone involved including both spouses and their children. There are many issues that need to be resolved during a divorce, from child custody and support to the division of property and dealing with these issues can be difficult and complicated, especially if there is animosity involved. When going through a divorce, it helps to have an experienced divorce attorney to help resolve related issues and work for the best interests of you and your children.
Allen Gabe Law, P.C. is a leader in family law and divorce law in the Schaumburg, IL area. During difficult times for your family, our divorce attorneys assess and resolve all disputes involved with your divorce including child custody and visitation, alimony, maintenance, and support issues.
Trusted Divorce Attorneys
Our divorce attorneys at Allen Gabe Law, P.C. have a combined 60 years of experience providing representation in highly contested and uncontested divorce cases. Our attorneys will listen and understand your situation so we can attain favorable solutions to reach your needs and goals. We will do the research necessary to work for the best interests of you and your children within Illinois divorce and family laws.
You can trust our attorneys to handle every aspect of a divorce including child custody and support, visitation, domestic violence, removal, alimony, spousal support, financial agreements, property division and pre and post-nuptial agreements. We provide free and confidential initial consultations so our attorneys can provide assertive representation through the divorce proceeding. We can also answer any questions you may have during this consultation.
Our divorce lawyers will be able to handle all aspects of a divorce including:
- Child custody and visitation: Child custody and visitation is the most important aspect of the divorce because this directly effects the well-being of your children. While there are situations in which one parent should get full custody of their children, in most cases, parents need to hold their emotions aside and realize that their children will benefit most by having a strong relationship with both parents. Our attorneys will work with you and your spouse to determine a custody and visitation plan that works in your children’s best interests. If an agreement can’t be reached, this issue can be taken to court.
- Child support: Child support is crucial to ensure that your children get the financial support they need for their care and well-being. We will work with you and your spouse to negotiate the child support agreements and fight for you if your spouse is uncooperative.
- Domestic violence: Cases involving domestic violence are taken seriously by our attorneys. If you are the victim of domestic violence, we can help secure orders of protection for you and your children.
- Alimony/ spousal support: Alimony, also known as spousal support or maintenance, is determined by many factors including the salaries of both spouses, length of the marriage, and lifestyle during the marriage. Our attorneys will help determine if you are eligible to receive spousal support and we will negotiate a fair amount given your situation.
- Property division: Illinois is an equitable division state which means that property in a divorce is divided equitably, not evenly. Our attorneys can help determine what counts as marital property which could include homes, vehicles, bank accounts, debt, pets, and other assets and help decide how this property should be divided. If this decision is litigated in court, the court is not allowed to consider any marital misconduct and must divide the property based on Illinois law.
- Pre- and post-nuptial agreements: Drafting a pre- or post-nuptial agreement will help clear up any issues regarding the division of assets, child custody, and other important matters should a divorce occur. Our attorneys can help you draft an agreement to include clear solutions to these issues in the event of a divorce.
Divorce Law Firm in Schaumburg, IL
Allen Gabe Law, P.C. knows divorce can be difficult for everyone involved. Our divorce attorneys assure swiftness to help move the process along and protect any children involved. This holds exceptionally true in cases dealing with child abuse, spousal abuse, custody, and paternity cases.
Our loyalty to our clients and their families ensure we provide the best divorce legal experience possible.
Call Now to Speak with Our Divorce Attorneys
To speak with our divorce attorneys in Schaumburg, IL about divorce concerns, contact our firm by phone at (847) 241-5000 or complete our online contact form. Initial consultations with our attorneys are free and confidential.